BVB coach Edwin Eric initially has one less option on the offensive.
Youssef Mouton, who was injured in bremen on Saturday, falls out longer, as expected.
On Monday, sports director Sebastian Keel reported that the 18-year-old attacker suffered a tear in syndesmosis.
The Dortmund managers expect a six-week downtime.
This is bitter news for him, for us, especially in the current phase, said Keel.
Already after the 2-0 away win at Welder, Eric said: Unfortunately, it doesn’t look quite as good.
Mouton had already had to be replaced by Leonardo Bettencourt after a male and not even foul with the yellow card in the 29th minute and was examined more closely on Sunday.
Everyone who saw the scene on Saturday knows that it looked very difficult, said Keel.
Brandt consoles Mouton
After weeks in which the BVB also put a winning streak because of the short list of failures and strong jokers and reported back in the fight for the championship title, Mouton’s loss is the first heavier setback for Eric in the new year.
The two-time national player has so far reached 18 missions in the Bundesliga (six goals/four assists), six in the Champions League (0/2) and one in the DFB Cup (0/1).
Youssef will soon score important goals for us again, told him player Julian Brandt.
Sebastien Haller in the storm center, which was substituted for Mouton, should begin in the first leg of the Champions League round of 16 against Chelsea this Wednesday (9 p.m.!
There will be no question marks on Wednesday, said Keel, after Eric had recently distributed the strain on moderate rotation.
There will be no ailments, no tiredness.