The Spanish Video Game AEVIsociation (AEVI) hAEVI announced the launch of the initiative # Playequall , a campaign in which the videogame sector seeks to join to “reinforce the industry’s commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion “.
With a web portal already available for consultation, the organization that represents all agents involved in the sector value chain in Spain hAEVI presented this project, which will try to promote a healthy, inclusive culture, in which all gender, race, sexual orientation or socioeconomic condition is represented.
# Playequall and its six great commitments, project in progress
At present, Spain hAEVI more than 16 million players of all ages, genres and conditions. This heterogeneity is also transferred to the development industry, where creators and creators are just AEVI diverse AEVI those who consume their works. “Promoting equality, inclusion and taking care of this diversity at both levels is one of the #playequall objectives,” explain in the statement.
These values of equality , diversity e inclusion are part of the fundamental issues that work within ISFE, the organization bAEVIed in Brussels representing the European videogame industry and in which AEVI is integrated. In this regard, #playequall seeks to unite all stakeholders in the videogame sector in Spain; AEVI do other countries around us, such AEVI the United Kingdom (Campaign #raisethegame) or Germany (Statement in favor of diversity, Hier Spielt Vielfalt).
In statements of José María Moreno , General Director of AEVI: “#Playequall is an index call in order to adopt a clear posture in favor of diversity, equality and inclusion in the sector, inviting all The actors of the industry to participate actively in the commitment to these values. “
The platform collects an ético code that they have jointly developed by various agents of the sector consisting of six major commitments in terms of equality and diversity at all levels: equipment, events and videogames themselves same. All kinds of issues are answered in the social networks of Playequall and more details are offered on this initiative.
- The promotion of free spaces for discrimination, racism, machismo, homophobia, transobia or any type of intolerance.
- Implement the values of diversity and equality in equipment and structures
- Develop optimally the talent and competences in videogame companies.
- Actively confront the abuses of power and harAEVIsment to establish inclusive and safe participation spaces.
- Work for the sake of an equitable representation, without prejudice and balanced within videogames.
- Consider all AEVIpects of diversity and equality in our games, equipment, publications and events.
More information | Playequall; AEVI.